Saturday, February 19, 2011

Movie Date 2 of 6.

Read about date 1 here.

Gavin aptly chose Saint Valentine's Day for Date 2.  And appropriately chose Gnomeo & Juliet.

Our date night started with my gift for Gavin ,'Champagne', and his gift for me, flowers.


I say 'champagne' because it wasn't.  It was Sam Adam's Infinium, a champagne like beer.  I successfully took up beer drinking in Australia, so thought this would be an awesome gift for Gavin.  I disagree with their opinion that this beer is champagne like.  It was darker than most of the beers I've tried so far and thicker, but it was pretty good. 

For dinner, we had a Winter Chicory Salad with Roquefort Cheese Dressing and Potato and Leek Soup.


It was amazing.  The cheese was incredible!  The dressing was super easy, just heavy cream, vinegar and the cheese tossed with the greens and apples.  The leak and potato soup was similar to the soup we made for Christmas Eve and pretty quick and simple.

I thought the movie would be packed.  I was wrong.  It's not really surprising I guess that a kids movie would be mostly empty on a holiday designed for couples.


The movie was adorable.  We choose to skip on 3D this time and I'm not sure what would have been gained watching this particular movie in 3D (except a headache in my case).  I probably wouldn't watch it again, but it was a perfect date night movie!

Can't wait to plan next month's date!

No comments:

Post a Comment