Friday, January 28, 2011

Movie Date 1 of 6.

I don't like going to the movies.  I like watching movies, sort of.  But I prefer to do it in my Pajamas, on my sofa, with my puppy in my lap, and my head on my husband's shoulder.

Said husband prefers the giant screens and too loudness of movie theaters.  So as a Christmas gift I gave him 6 movie dates.  One each month through June.  Tonight was date 1 of 6.  Since we are in Australia, the movies available here are a bit behind the states.  But Gavin was quite excited to see The Green Hornet 3D.

We ate a huge lunch, so our date 'dinner' was wine and cheese.

But we did have it on the 24th floor of an apartment overlooking Melbourne (albeit with less than ideal furniture!)

Did I mention we saw it in 3d and with snacks?



The theater was quite nice and very large.

As for the movie itself, I actually liked it.  I only had to leave once (right before they go into the cement yard for those who have seen the movie) and it was funny as well as being all action-y.  Overall, not a complete fail which is more than I can say for most movies.

I also made a somewhat interesting discovery that movies, as well as books and alcohol, are great at distracting you from the present moment when that's a good idea for your sanity.  I've asked Gavin to compile a list of good(and safe) movies for me to watch.  Perhaps I'll document my immersion into American Cinema on my blog.

Sometime next month look for Movie Date 2 of 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment