Saturday, January 29, 2011

What's for Dinner? Aussie Edition

I'm out of practice, so I failed at photographing many of our dinners.  Most disappointingly is I that I forgot to bring my HD card when Gavin ordered kangaroo.  It was pretty good, not much different than beef to me.  I expected it to be much much gamier and was pleasantly surprised.

Chicken from Nando's Apparently this is a UK/Canada/Australia chicken chain.  I wasn't hungry, so I picked off the boys' plates.  Overall very good.
  


 Steak Tartare from Rockpool at the Crown This is better than it looked in the picture.  In fact I'm pretty glad it was dark in the restaurant or I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much as I did.


Lobster Omelet from Rockpool  This was pretty good.  Overall, I wasn't impressed with the restaurant.  The service was pretty terrible (standard for most of Australia actually).  They also stole my glass of champagne and accosted me in the hall about it.  I still may write them and tell them about it.


Spaghetti and Pasta Terrence was hungry so I decided to make him spaghetti.  It's difficult cooking in a kitchen that is not your own. Still, the sauce came out pretty good.  I used Australia sausage which I wasn't very impressed in but it was really good in the sauce.  Terrence seemed to like it.


Chicken and Avocado Risotto at a little Cafe off of Little Burke Street I've been on a bit of a risotto kick.  Probably because I had the best Risotto I've ever eaten a few days ago at St Kilda's beach (Vegetable Risotto).  This one wasn't as good, but still alright.  I mostly picked around the chicken.


Wine and Cheese with Gavin Doesn't count as dinner, but a more accurate representation of how I've been consuming calories lately.



Maybe next week I'll do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment