Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Happiest Day on Earth

***See Some of the wedding video here!***

Gavin and I have been married for three months and I'm realizing that it's never going to be easy for me to write this blog. I think I've started it half a dozen time and every time ended up starting over. I was happy to have Nathalie and Jacki's blogs to read in the meantime! :) It's impossible for me to write down everything I felt and everything that happened. For the same reason I'm having a nearly impossible time ordering pictures!!! There are so many great pictures of the day, but on the other hand, none of them fully capture all of the feelings and the true beauty of the day.
Our wedding was perfect. It was everything we dreamed it would be. The few things that weren't exactly as we planned I didn't even notice until days or weeks later. The worst thing that happened actually happened the night before the wedding when I fell running (I'll write more on that in my next running update). I was scared to death I'd broken or sprained something and wouldn't be able to walk down the aisle. But by the next morning, I was okay and ready to marry my husband.

The girls came over to my house to get ready while the boys went golfing. My hair lady stressed me out a bit when she started saying she wouldn't finish on time, but in the end, everyone looked lovely! After feeling rushed the day of the rehearsal, I made a point to take time to collect myself when I started feeling frazzled and remember what this day was for and remember to take it all in!  Special Thanks to Nathalie for being a HUGE help with that and for getting these pictures of all the pregame!  I really cherish them.
Time out to Relax!

Mimosa with my flower girl
Paparazzi shot of taking the dress to the Limo

I remember on the limo ride over that everything looked slightly different, and I wasn't convinced it was just the tinted glass. From the minute we got to Disney, time started to fly. Particularly the time between arriving and the wedding. One minute I was tossing my clothes over the dressing partition and the next minute I was walking down the aisle!

That's my clothes flying :)

I felt so beautiful



Gavin and I met up before the wedding. It was magical. He looked so handsome, so happy and so in love with me. We exchanged letters and private vows we had written and held hands and exchanged stories from the morning. Afterward, I felt collected and peaceful. It was perfect.


Sharing our private vows


Next, we had the bridal party party together for pictures and our first surprise showed up, the carriage! Everyone was buzzing with excitement!
Everyone went to set up for the wedding and I sat in the carriage feeling like the luckiest princess in the world. I sat there listening to the music start and remembering meeting Gavin, remembering our first all night conversations, our first kiss, the moment he first told me he loved me, and then my song came on, and it was time.
Feeling like a Princess


When I pulled up, Gavin says there was a gasp as everyone saw me in the carriage. I didn't hear it, all I saw was Gavin. He looked so handsome and so proud.


Gavin thought I was going to pass out at one point (he may have been correct, I'm not sure). Other than that, the ceremony was beautiful, but it was also a blur. I'm looking forward to seeing the video to recapture all of the details I couldn't keep track of at the time! Father Bill did an amazing job. And just like that two became one. We were married!

I didn't want to spend much time taking formal pictures, so we rushed through that part and it was off to the party!







The reception was a blast. It is incredibly magical to be in a room full of people who traveled from all over the world because they love you. Dinner was delicious (I think, I couldn't taste it, but I remember it from the tasting!) Gavin bought me a 1990 Dom as a wedding gift and that was amazing as well.
We felt the first dance was going a bit long so decided a dramatic bow would be our best escape!


Dress problems clearly didn't affect my joy! :)

Right before the cake cutting, our second surprise to our guests: Mickey Mouse! It's hard to say who was more excited, the kids or the grown ups (or the bride! :) )




Gavin Cutting in on Mickey!


The night flew by and before you know it, it was time to sneak away with my groom. There will be no blog on that!


There are tons of details I left out, and tons of great photos I omitted, but I plan to post a few posts about the planning so maybe a few more will sneak in then.  I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful day or a more wonderful husband.  Gavin has been the most amazing person to come into my life and I am so grateful for the love and support he has shown me, especially over the last few months.  I know he'll be by my side no matter what happens.
 
The planning was tedious and at times miserable, but in the end it really was worth it.  I am so grateful for our family and wedding party and all of their help.  I am so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful account of the wedding day! Thanks for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3

    Your guests had a great time, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this post! It was the most beautiful and memorable wedding I've ever been (and will ever go) to! So glad that I was there to witness and be a part of your love and happiness. xox

    p.s. and YES, the food was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete