Sunday, November 14, 2010

What's for dinner?

A blog about what we had for dinner!

But first, a new look for our table for fall! The linens were a Wedding gift from Gavin's cousin who recently returned from India.  The flowers are left over from Chris and Lisa's fantastic wedding centerpieces.



Monday: Shrimp Stir Fry. From Crate and Barrel Newlywed Cookbook My Super husband was so kind as to make the grocery list and do the shopping on Monday morning because daylight savings time made us both too lazy to do it Sunday. I had no idea what I'd be making for dinner Monday night!  I was initially disappointed, but the recipe came out great and was pretty easy (besides forgetting to cook the rice while I chopped everything up)


Tuesday: Coq a Vin William Sonoma Healthful Cooking.  We are just gonna through this in the failure pile and spare you an picture.  Suffice to say, some things shouldn't be made out of healthful cooking book, when on a time crunch! 

Wednesday: Veggie Falafal with Alyssa SUPER tasty.  I'll probably make them again and share the recipe then. 


Thursday: Mini meatloaf with three mac and cheese: Rachel Ray 365  We make this all the time, so decided it would be a great dish to make for my mom's visit.
Friday: Happy Hour at Applebees with Jen Jen was so nice to meet me in Bell Gardens so I could stop by and visit my husband at the Bike.

Saturday: Movie Date Night In!   Pizza, Baked Potatoes, Champagne and home made beer!  Well, we liked it!:)
 
I really like how this photo came out.


Sunday: Baby Corn and Sparkling Water Well, it's the truth!  I had a big lunch at Ikea with Alyssa.

No comments:

Post a Comment