Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wedding Planning: My Bouquet

I'm having an "a" day.  That, as opposed to an "A" day.  In other words, I'm having a 'little a day'.  It's a bad day that's causes me to not capitalize my A at the end of my emails.  I thought maybe posting about one of my favorite things about my favorite day would cheer me up a bit, so here goes:

I've mentioned before that I didn't like a lot of the aspects of planning our wedding.  By far my favorite project was my bouquet.


I first saw the idea of a brooch bouquet at a wedding fair in Laguna Beach.  I was immediately hooked.  I adored the idea of a bouquet that would never die, but was also so excited about the ultra-personalization that would be possible!

I immediately set out to find brooches.  I started in my closet and found a few from clothes I had owned (I never throw away something shiny if I can avoid it!) or things that had been given to me.  I searched in antique stores, thrift stores and the internet.  I asked friends and family.  Eventually I ended up with exactly what I was looking for.

I first saw it at our tasting.  I was in love immediately, but couldn't give up the hunt!  Our florist was incredible and added the last few pieces only a few days before the wedding!
My bouquet at the Wedding Tasting
The day of the wedding, it was everything I hoped it would be.


Currently, the bouquet is in a vase in our living room.  I suspect someday it might end up on a high shelf or maybe even in a box, but I know that I will always cherish it for the special pieces in it that remind me of the people I love, the role it played in keeping me sane during wedding planning, and the part it played on our wedding day!

1 comment:

  1. Your bouquet looked very unique and beautiful Amy :) I hope you have several "A" days in the very near future!!

    ReplyDelete