Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Juice Diaries: Half day 3

So the second half of day 2 was... more difficult.

I found myself feeling absent minded and disoriented at work, not to mention irritable in general.  Two of our juices yesterday were quite... awful.  The first was a green juice that had lots of kale.  I don't like Kale, I don't care of if it's a miracle food.  The second had tomato, red peppers, yellow peppers, and some other random veggies in it.  The recipe suggested adding hot sauce.  I'm glad we didn't.

When I got home, we were both in quite a mood.  At one point Gavin stopped me, looked me in the eyes, and earnestly said, 'Let's just eat 1 cracker.'  I laughed.  As if I was going to break a juice face for a freaking cracker!  You must be joking me.  We both had headaches and a craving for almost anything solid.  Our last juice was good: kiwi and blueberries, but so tart it almost burned to drink it!  Maybe some things were not intended to be concentrated?  

Instead of giving in, we escaped into the imaginary worlds of Elder Scrolls and survived the rest of the day stealing food and force feeding it to my character.  :)

This morning, the juice was fine.  Plain Orange.  Some of the oranges weren't quite ripe and so the juice was a little tart, but otherwise good.  Today is an important day at our house, so we decided to take lunch off and had a light sushi lunch in celebration.  Tonight we have some other green type juice that I'm really not looking forward too, but we have a nice desert strawberry banana juice.

I can see the general idea of the diet: lots of fruit and veggies.  It is a severe violation of my 'moderation is best' rule.  I've suggested to Gavin maybe trying one day a week of juice instead of groups of days.  Apparently this would offend most of the juice fanatics, but I think I'm okay with that.

As far as cooking in general, we're working on ideas to reintroduce a routine and joy to eating at home again.  So far it looks like we are planning on 'Juice Mondays' and the reintroduction of 'Veggie Wednesdays.'

So I'm lifting my juice glass high to a year a new year of cooking adventures, including but thank god not limited to drinking juice!    

No comments:

Post a Comment