Sunday, October 24, 2010

What's for Dinner?

A blog about what we had for dinner!

Monday
: Carrot and Orange Soup We've made this soup several times.  It's easy, and delicious.  I highly recommend trying it out.  Gavin prefers when I process it longer so it's smoother (usually about 5 minutes in the food processor)



Tuesday
: Meatballs in Red Pepper Sauce, Crate and Barrel Newlywed Cookbook This recipe was a TON of work, but very very good.  We probably used too much onion, but we have a hard time ever thinking there is too much onion in something!  I know it's not a great picture, but it was so so good.



Wednesday
Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo: Veggie Wednesday with Alyssa! This week was her turn!  It wasn't our favorite, but very fallish! :)





Thursday: Gavin's Famous Mashed Potatoes, After my surgery, Gavin knew the best way to cheer me up! (Also, notice the snuggie in the background. :)





Friday: Easy Bok Choy Soup, Rachel Ray 365: Gavin and I have jumped head first into soup season.  This is one of our favorite soups.  Easy and quick.  Gavin does a better job than I do making it. :)




Saturday: Lisa's Wedding Party. A post will follow! :)


Sunday: Leftovers. Lazy Sunday.


3 comments:

  1. I find meatballs are often like that.. Lots of effort but so yummy! I've got some leftover vegetable stock so I'm going to try that carrot soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it comes out for you! Do you have any other great meatball recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup will be made tomorrow (to go with a yummy pork chop dinner!). I'll report back.

    After reading your blog post I couldn't stop thinking (craving, dreaming) about meatballs so we made some last night! It's just a "standard" recipe from the Williams-Sonoma pasta cookbook we always use. Meatballs made with ground beef, parmesan, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, salt, and eggs. Sauce is just a simple marinara. Yum! But your red pepper sauce ones sound even better!!

    ReplyDelete