Sunday, October 10, 2010

What's for Dinner? Camp Edition!

Last weekend Gavin and I took a last minute camping trip to Arroyo Camp Ground in Trabuco Canyon. We are certainly not expert campers, but we did our best to get a few things prepared and did some fun outdoor cooking!

Friday
:
Open Fire Hobo Soup with S'mores for dessert. So I'll preface by admitting that the hobo soup didn't come out as good as we hoped. We cooked it too long and the meat got a bit... black. The veggies were still excellent. Gavin is an expert fire and s'more maker as well!

Step 1: Fire


Packs Cooking


Dinner!

SMORES!

Saturday
: Dinty Moore Beef Stew for Lunch Fail number 2: no can opener.


Chili Cheese Dog and Popcorn for dinner: Amazing dinner. I don't even like hotdogs and I loved these!



Sunday: Breakfast Eggs Delicious.


Overall we had a great time and I expect next time we'll do even better.

Our outdoor kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment