Sunday, December 12, 2010

What's for Dinner? #20

This is my twentieth entry!

A blog about what we had for dinner!  If you want to see our cookbooks, check out the cookbook shelf link at the top my the blog

Monday: Shrimp fajitas  
We didn't use a recipe and that may have been a mistake, they were also just a bit too spicy for me!

 

Tuesday: Instant Mashed Potatoes
I tried to make this look more appetizing in the picture, but I guess there is truth in photography.


Veggie Wednesday: Salad and Some Cheesy/figgy/oniony/bready things.  
Not the official name, by the way. Very well done by Miss. Alyssa the Awesome.


Thursday:  Tomato and Basil salad with chicken and croutons: Crate and Barrel Newlywed Cookbook
Gavin adored this recipe.  It is a bit of time if you don't organize all of the pieces well ahead of time, but other than that it's not too difficult.  I think it will be much better with home grown tomatoes this summer!

Friday: Fettuccine with Asparagus and Herb Vegetarian Essentials
I had some major issues getting the sauce to thicken at first, but as it cooled, it was perfect.


Saturday: Slice of Cheese Pizza Z-Pizza  Red Velvet Cupcake Cinnamon Productions   
We didn't want to cook and I was hungry so after visiting the Nativity, we supported our local businesses! The pizza was good, but the cupcake was terrible.  I begged Gavin to take me to get a better one from Claim Jumper soon!

 
Sunday: Chili
A few weeks ago we froze some of the chili Gavin made.  We missed the rescheduled chili cook-off, so chili was for dinner tonight!  Freezing food is really something we should do a bit more often.  It was very convenient and while not fresh, still better than almost any store bought frozen food because at least we know exactly what's in it and that we love it.  Chili seems to freeze and defrost very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment