Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa Monica Promenade

Today Gavin and I headed up to Santa Monica to shop and meet up for lunch with Jen.  We failed at shopping, but had a great time at lunch at Barney's Beanery.  Always fun with Jen!


When I was in college, some of the people I hung out with LOVED Santa Monica. I never really got the draw.  There is so much weirdness/craziness that I usually just felt uncomfortable and ready to leave.  It probably didn't help that we always went at night.  Still, I was happy to take Gavin to check it out.  After all, it is the end of Route 66!  I can't tell you how happy I was when Gavin commented at preferring Huntington Beach to the crowd at the Santa Monica Pier. So to all my LA friends, I love you and I'll still come visit you, but I just don't think I'm an LA girl!


After our adventures, we stopped by the living nativity in our hometown, complete with Shepherds and sheep!  I've been trying to do something each week to prepare for Christmas and get in the Christmas spirit, and this was great.




There's no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment