Thursday, October 30, 2014

Alex is 5 months

My baby boy is five months old!  It's hard to believe.



Height/Weight: We will know next week for sure, but this has actually been the worst part of this month!  At his 4 month check up, the doctor was concerned he wasn't gaining enough weight.  We've added an extra bottle of milk a day to see if it helps and we go next week for a check up.

Clothing Size: Wearing mostly six months

Diaper Size: 2

Eating: Alex is a challenging eater.  He's never been a huge eater, but as I mentioned above at his 4 month appointment, he'd had dropped dramatically in percentile.  He gets really frustrated nursing. Sometimes he is great with a bottle, and sometimes not.   I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but it's hard for mommy!  He hasn't started any solids yet, pending resolving his current eating issues.

Sleeping: So it turns out that the "Four month Sleep regression" is apparently a real thing.  I never really bought into regressions, but at almost exaclty four months, Alex became a terror at night.  I did what I often do in very stressful circumstances and decided to make a mind map.  Low and behold, the LAST mind map I made was for Colin's lack of sleep when he was almost exactly four weeks old. The good news it that Alex has actually improved the last few weeks so we are actually feeling almost human again. In fact last night he slept from 6:45 until 4:30!  I woke up with that normal paniced "Where is the baby??"  He was fine, ate great, and I hope for daddy's sake went back to sleep for a while!



New Skills: Sleeping on his tummy, for one.   We also have a thumb sucker!  Neither are my preference, but anything that means at least a little bit of sleep is nice.  He's also gotten very busy with his toys lately.  


Alex is my happy smiling baby most of the time.  He has a natural and easy smile and it doesn't take much before he'll share it with you.

I love you, little one!




No comments:

Post a Comment