Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Two Under Two

Once upon a time, I had my dream ideal of what my perfect family looked like.

Boy was I wrong!

Amoung other things, I had no idea that someday we'd have two precious little boys less than two years apart.

We knew we'd love more kids after Colin was born.  When Gavin and I decided we were open to having another baby, we also knew that the timing and outcome were out of our control. But I don't think either of us thought we'd have another baby quite so quickly and easily!

We are lucky, our boys are awesome.  Alex is usually easy going and Colin is generally incredibly loving and gentle with baby.

Still, two under two is no joke!  Although I can't compare to having kids spaced further apart. I imagine some things are easier and some are more difficult.  It would obviously be less work if Colin could do a few more things on his own, but we've never known any differently.


When Alex was first born, the most challenging part for me was getting them both up or down the stairs.  That's improving, and new chalenges are always presenting themselves.  The hardest times for me right now are getting in and out of the car and bath time.  I'm sure once Alex is mobile, things will shift again.

The best part about having two under two?  I have two precious little boys who love me and love each other.




As hard as it is to believe, I only have one more month with "2 under 2".  The last few months have had their challenges, but they've also been filled with love and laughter and I can't wait to watch these two precious boys grow up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment