Thursday, October 9, 2014

OC Walk to Remember 2014.

I still remember the first time I found out I was pregnant.  I had been feeling awful for a few weeks.  Nothing acute, just a general bad feeling.  I was working nights on a birdge construction project and we had a pour.  I drove to target for Red bull and for some reason, I bought a pregnancy test.  I told myself it was kind of a joke.  You know, I was about to drink a four pack of red bull to survivie a double shift with no sleep.  I really didn't think I was pregnant, as evidenced by the fact that I bought the redbull.  But once I had the tests in my hand... I walked straight to the Target restroom to 'verify' my redbull rediness.

When I saw it was pregnant, my heart skipped a beat.  I walked back into the store and bought three more brands, to verify.  Then I called my husband.  I told him I'd passed a pregnancy test.  "What is passing??" 

I wish that was the story of Colin, but it's not.  That pregnancy, and the next three, did not end with a baby in our arms.

I love the OC Walk to Remember, although I don't need to walk to remember.  I barely need to breath to remember.  



I miss you, babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment