Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sensory Learning.

We've noticed the last few weeks that Colin is becoming more and more aware and interested in his surroundings.  So we decided it was time to introduce some intentional sensory experiences.

Our friend Kate mentioned that her son loves bubbles at daycare.  They were a hit with Colin as well!



This week I decided to show him the spice rack.  We haven't introduced solids yet, but after we redid our spice rack during my nesting phase, Gavin pointed out how fun and colorful it was.


Colin thought it was incredibly fascinating.  He rattled the jars and spun the rack.  We smelled several of the spices.  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of his reactions.  He was so funny when I would hold up the spice for him to smell; he would stop what he was doing, get very still, and breath softly.  Then he would make these funny faces.  I started with Cinnamon because it seemed to me to be the one he'd like best.  Nope.  He hated it. His favorite was cloves, followed by Allspice.  He reached out to sniff again!  He didn't like garlic powder.  I loved watching him explore and exploring myself.  We had so much fun!


I can't wait to keep exploring the world through his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment