Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ender's Game

So I finally read and finished Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.


I started it once before, but didn't pay enough attention at the beginning and consequently became confused and annoyed and gave up shortly there after.  We started it on the way to Vegas last weekend, so not much chance to not pay attention driving across the middle of the desert!

I thought the book was amazing.  I'm not a big science fiction fan much of the time, but the book was much more about psychology, mind games and war strategy. 

Plus, I got to revisit my hobby of reading books with outdated technology (or at least modern technology) presented as futuristic. 

To everyone who recommended the book, thanks!  Are any of his other books worth reading? 

1 comment:

  1. Bobby's always recommending this book! If he does not already know you read it I am sure he'll be pleased you thought it was amazing :) Guess I have to get it now - good thing I am running errands tomorrow, I can pick it up while I'm out!

    ReplyDelete