Monday, February 15, 2010

An evening of difficult cooking

Tonight our ceramics class was canceled because of Presidents day. As a result, we decided to make a more complicated meal that our normal weeknight cooking. Tonight's recipe menu was Tomato Bisque and a Vegetarian melt, both William Sonoma Healthy Cooking recipes. In my experience so far, the only major problem with these recipes is they tend to use difficult to find or use ingredients. This recipe wasn't too bad, but it was only our second time cooking with eggplant.

Both recipes were a bit labor intensive. I wouldn't recommend making them together again. Actually, I don't think I'd make the soup again at all, although the Veggie melts are certainly worth repeating.



In other exciting news, my small amount of hard work is already paying off in my from seed garden! I've been using an AeroGarden for a while with quite a bit of success, but as I have a yard now, I'm ready to have a dirt garden too (I don't know if that's the right phrase to use...) I planted some seeds that will be transplanted into my garden when I get it going in a few weeks. Look at them go!



I know it's not much to look at now... but someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment