Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A beautiful hike.

Saturday is my favorite day by far. Our Saturday family adventure was a hike. I knew there were trails around, but I had no idea how beautiful some of them are!!

We borrowed a toddler pack from a friend.

Loaded up!


Alex feel asleep and had a prerty good nap for most of the hike.He kept grabbing my camelback tube!
Almost asleep.

Right about the time Alex feel asleep, we got to the first stream crossing.  I wasn't going to cross.  I didn't want to wake him, and I didn't want wet socks.  I finally decided to go, and I'm so glad I did.  Up to this point, the trail had been a gravel access road, but after the stream it became a really beautiful trail.




We stopped for a mini picnic under a bridge in the shade.  


We did have a mini drama at the picnic.  A bee stung Colin!  Gavin was trying to get rid of it (it was between his ear and his head) and when he finally did, it kept coming back!  He ended up picking up Colin and running about 100 feet down the trail to get away from the bee.  The stinger didn't go all the way in, but we monitored it closely.  A few hours later, it was completely gone, but Colin keep mentioning that the bee startled him during our hike! Poor guy!




What a beautiful way to spend a Saturday and enjoy some time as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment