Friday, August 29, 2014

Alex is 3 months!!




One of the only baby books Gavin and I read was "Happiest Baby on the Block."  It's been quite a while since I read it, but besides the S's what stuck with me the most was the concept of the 4th trimester.  It's done several things for me.  For one; it gives me a solid three months that I still count myself as 'pregnant'.  Meaning that I'm not allowed to stress out (much) about what I'm eating or how I look in my swimsuit, etc.  Plus, it stops me from expecting too much from my little guy.  And in my experience, it seems accruate.  It's just been in the last few weeks that Alex has really been 'waking up.'

Height: Not sure since last appointment, but not a small guy!

Weight: Same as above. :)

Clothing Size: 3 months, 3-6 months

Diaper Size: Size 2

Eating: He nurses on demand, about every three hours or so during the day.  When I'm gone he has 3 oz in a bottle every three hours.


Sleeping:  Not bad! He takes a long nap during the day (during Colin's nap this week, yay!!!) and usually sleeps a solid 6 hour stretch at some point during the night.  He is still sleeping in the rock and play, but I know it's not going to last too much longer.  He loves sleeping in the sling and will sleep in his carseat when necessary, although not always happily.  He is still swaddled and goes between wanting his left arm out or both arms wrapped.  Now that he's rolling, the swaddle days are limited!!

New Skills: Smiles and laughter!  He's also pretty busy about his tummy time.  He loves to watch his big brother run around. He loves having his nose and forehead tickled and staring at the ceiling fan.  He also rolled over for the first time the day before his turned three months old! Way to go!
   

Alex, you are such a beautiful boy and I love having you in our family. Thank you for being such an easy going little guy.  I love you always, my little star!

1 comment:

  1. precious baby boy! He looks like his brother to me :)

    ReplyDelete