Friday, June 6, 2014

One Week Old

I blinked and a week disappeared.

We are so incredibly lucky to have no only a healthy baby, but a seemingly incredibly content little guy.  Alex is sleeping better than we anticipated, he's nursing well, although not with as much dedication and passion as Colin did, and he's healthy and gaining weight.

Exactly One Week Old!
I'm doing alright.  His delivery, as most deliveries probably are, was a challenge.  I'm doing my best to take care of myself and make sure I don't over do it.  That's particularly challenging with a toddler around!

Speaking of our toddler, Colin is doing really well so far with Alex.  We have to be very vigilant, of course, but he hasn't shown much jealousy or trouble adjusting.  He likes to point out Alex's nose, toes, mouth and feet.  He also likes to rock the baby, which is a bit challenigng at times.


Gavin and I have been surprised at how quickly you forget how to do some of the newborn things.  New born bath?  Hmm... maybe we should have checked that booklet they sent home from the hospital again...

First family Walk
It's hard to believe that it's already been a week since I meet this little man face to face for the first time.  I know from experience how fleeting these first few days, and really every day to come is and I'm doing my best to enjoy every second.   


Happy one week birthday, Alex.  We love you and we are so happy you are a part of our family!!



No comments:

Post a Comment