Tuesday, December 31, 2013

NYE

As we prepare to put another year in the books, I'm a little unnerved at how quickly the holidays snuck up on me this year.  I knew it would happen, since we were traveling in December, but add in the sickness and it all went so fast!

In respect to my motto for next year "Snag the best, let go of the rest" I decided we'd let go of setting up our goals for next year before the New Year.  It's only a date, and we have plenty of time.  But then as today rolled up, I couldn't help myself and I decided to spend a little bit of time reflecting on last year's goals and dreaming about next year's.

What a fantastic year it's been.  I honestly couldn't have asked for anything better.  We settled into life as a family of three.  We all survived my transition back to working full time.  We spent time as a family, we traveled, we laughed, we learned.  We tried to focus on the things that really mattered and let go of the trivial things.  We were all healthy (with the exception of the last month!).  We couldn't have asked for anything better from the year.

We set up some goals last January, and honestly for the most part, we crushed them.  I had a very successful tomato garden, I happily fit into my prepregnancy clothes months ahead of my goal.  We had a weekly family meeting every single week.  We worked hard to work together on making parenting decisions for Colin.  My goal that I'm most proud of accomplishing is our Monthly Date Night.  Every single month this year, Gavin and I have gone on a date together. We have been so lucky to have my mom around most months to keep Coiln and the time has been incredible for our marriage.  In even bigger news, Gavin successfully completed his degree at TCU! So overall, we had a very successful year goalwise as well!

As the year draws to a close, I pray next year will be as smooth, fun, and fulfilling.  Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment