Sunday, February 17, 2013

I forgot my blog's birthday!

Happy belated birthday, blog!

Three years of blogging bliss, come and gone.  I still blog about photography and cooking, which were the topics that I started with.  Over the years I've added running, crafts, and travel adventures.  Clearly the most notable addition this year is parenting.

I suppose my blog is (at least partially) a mommy blog now.  I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the genre.  My general complaint is over sharing.  I wouldn't want to write anything that years down the road could be found and used again Colin by his future employers, potential girlfriends, or high school bullies.  I want to blog as a digital scrapbook; a fun way to track our adventures and growth as a family and keep in touch with those we care who can't be here everyday.

So I'm still not sure where I fall on the privacy issue.  For now, my blog floats in and out of private status.  More importantly, I try to be very conscientious and remember that nothing published on the web is fully retractable or private.

No comments:

Post a Comment