Saturday, January 3, 2015

Amy's Birthday Interview!

As I shared on Colin's birthday, we have a new tradition in our family, the birthday interview!  So without further ado, here is mine.

Birthday Interview!
Name:  Amy

Age:  31 (wait, I'm supposed to say 29, aren't I? Eh, I worked hard to get here, so 31 it is!)

Favorite Thing to Do:  Spend time with my family.  

Favorite Food:  Salmon Sushi and champagne 

Favorite Color: blue green

Favorite Book:  I love you as Much

Favorite time of Day: I currently have two; when things go well, it's the early morning when Gavin brings a hungry but drowsy Alex to nurse and he falls asleep snuggled up to me.  Sometimes that isn't quite so idyllic, so the other time is when Colin gives me check kisses.  I LOVE check kisses. (A check kiss is when he holds my checks in my hands and gives me a kiss)

What do you want to be when you grow up?  besides an engineer and mommy, a children's author.

What do you do really well?  Involve the boys in my daily activities.  People are amazed when I tell them that Colin helps me in the kitchen (okay, help is a strong word, but still).  It's never easy and I have good days and bad days, but I feel like I'm pretty good at making it fun for everyone.

What makes you laugh? My kids most often, followed by my friends (that's why their my friends!)

What are you afraid of? I work hard to let go of my fears so they don't take over, but being a parent is scary.

Who is your best friend? I've meet a ton of great women the last few years who I am incredibly grateful to call my friends, but my best friend is still my husband.  I love you, Gavin!

What do you like to do with your family: Play, explore, and cuddle.

What do you like to learn about: publishing a book and starting a new ministry.



If you had one wish, what would it be?  I wish that all mothers everywhere had the luxury of worrying about the things I worry about.  I guess another way to say that is that I wish there weren't children facing disease, hunger, abuse, or neglect.  I wish the biggest concerns facing any family was if they should choose organic produce or if their children should attend 3 year preschool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment