Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Running, revisited

The last running I did was the 5k last year.  It went terribly and I was disappointed with myself and the event.  As it turns out, I had a fantastic reason for doing such a terrible job, but that's for another blog entirely.

I haven't run since.  I met a new friend whose health conscious life style inspired me (read: made me feel really really guilty).  So this week, I reintroduced myself to my running shoes and hit the trail.

I was surprised to find how much easier and more quickly I improved this time around.  I ran almost everyday this week.  I still hate it, but I hate it less and it's a relatively small time commitment for a seemingly large life benefit. 

Yesterday my sister visited and we contemplated a long distance running partnership.  I could certainly use the extra encouragement!  If we go through with it, I am going to name it Project Rerun.  I have to admit that after running with Cheryl yesterday, I'm happier to have her as a long distance running partner; she's too fast for me (and kinda relentless!). 

1 comment:

  1. start off as slow as you need to in order to not hate it. stay at that pace for the first 2-3k.

    ReplyDelete