Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pregnancy

I don't post often about pregnancy.  I feel like I have such a tenuous hold on this state of being.  It's almost like a dream, I'm afraid if I mention it too often, celebrate it too much, or even think about it too frequently it will slip from my grasp...

This was especially true when I was pregnant with Colin.  This time it's slightly different. maybe because it's not been very long.  In some ways, it all feels like one long pregnancy: like I've been pregnant since October of 2010 until now.  The big difference now is Colin, of course.  His miraculous, amazing, wonderful presences giving me hope, and joy everyday.

As for the specifics, as of my latest appointment, baby is doing great! Growing and kicking and moving.  My doctor is a little worried about my lack of weight gain and I have been asked to increase my calories and my protein intake.  My doctor specifically mentioned eating more red meat.  I had to laugh a little bit because I'm pretty sure that's the opposite advice I've been given my entire life regarding a healthy diet!

Today, I am nearly 22 weeks pregnant with our second baby.  I'm finally feeling great and magically, as it always seems to, the discomfort of the last few months, and those to come, seems distant and unlikely and not all that bad.  (Hormones are a funny thing).

Keeping growing baby.  We can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment