Sunday, March 16, 2014

Craig's Wedding: Road Trip

Last weekend we took a road trip to see our cousins wedding in (northern? central? not southern) Califonira. Specifically Lodi, CA.

If you're considered taking a road trip with a toddler and a 7 month pregannt woman, I'd advise you to avoid it.  We did our best to coordinate sleeping/eating/discomfort schedules, but the drive north didn't go very smoothly.  Even worse, once we arrived, Colin didn't want to sleep!  I think Gavin and I got less than 5 hours of sleep total between the two of us and we were a bit worse for wear the next morning.  Colin took a great nap, and by the evening, in time for the wedding, we were mostly functional.


The wedding was lovely.  I had no idea that Lodi had vineyards, and although it's too early for grape vines to be blooming, the cherry trees looked gorgeous!  The wedding was small and my cousin and his new wife looked beautiful.  I've only meet Craig's wife Faith once and ironically it was the weekend between Colin was born!  I told Gavin that girl is going to think I'm ALWAYS pregnant... which isn't that inaccurate over the last 3.5 years or so...

Colin had a fantastic time at the wedding!  Right after dinner he waddled out to the dance floor and started dancing!  It was so adorable.  I love watching that kid explore the world.  I thought everyone laughting and pointing would scare him, but he seemed to love the attention.  So sweet.





It was amazing for Colin to get to spend time to with extended family.  We were especially excited to see Auntie Cheryl who came all the way from Texas and bravely roadtripped home with us!





The ride home was easier.  We ditched the night time drive approach and broke up the drive a bit more.  We are all happy to be home safe and sound.

Congratulations to the Newlyweds, Craig & Faith!  May your marraige bring you as much love and comfort as ours has brought us!

1 comment: