Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Baby Giraffe

The day before yesterday, I learned about a little baby giraffe who was going to be born any day.  Since then he's been born, and I've checked on him periodically.

I think giraffe's are amazing.  I had lunch with one at the Living Desert back in February and he's been by phone screen saver ever since.  When we started thinking about a nursery, it was giraffes (as well as Planet Earth) that finally pushed us to decide to go with a jungle theme.  

The last few days have been pretty stressful and emotionally challenging for me.  Watching this little guy has been such a relaxing way to refocus.



The giraffe baby is a boy and is named Kiko.  I hope the keep the videos up for a while, I think I'm in love!

For now you can watch him here:  

There is more information about him on the zoos website.

No comments:

Post a Comment